Kidblog is organized around classes where students' posts are contained. To maintain a multi-year portfolio for students, next year's teacher should use the existing student accounts in the new class. The best way to set up a new group of students who already have Kidblog content is through our class code feature.
1. Create a new class for your students (under your Dashboard, click on Create New Class)
2. In the new class control panel, look for the the Class Code area under the Settings tab. If there isn't a class code in the box, press "regenerate."
3. Select "Yes" to "Users can join class using code" to allow your students to register with the class code. Be sure to save your settings.
4. Give the code to your students.
Students who already have Kidblog accounts can join additional classes:
3. Create a new display name and password or use a Google Apps account.
***PLEASE NOTE*** After students join your class with a registration code, they will never need to enter that code again. (Doing so will actually create a duplicate user account in your class.) To prevent extraneous registrations, disable the code under the Settings tab after all students have joined.
Future logins should occur via the regular login page for your class. Your students can log in by clicking the "Log In" link at the upper-right corner at your unique class URL (e.g. kidblog.org/YourClass).